At the 10 May 2012 meeting of the Cranfield Customer Management Forum, participants were asked the following question:
“List one challenge you are having with measuring and improving marketing effectiveness in your organisation”
We identified five broad themes which we then discussed:
- Defining and measuring social media KPIs.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of low resourced campaigns.
- Allocating an inferred sale when you’re using online/offline, multiplatform campaigns.
- Measuring and managing the ‘big orchestration’ approach – efficacy, scale, etc.
- How to measure engagement in an actionable way? How do you know what portion of your customer base are disengaged?
We then delved into some of these issues in our syndicate discussions. Any comments?
Dr Emma Macdonald CCMF Research Director
Follow me: @DrEmmaMacdonald, #CranfieldCMF, email@example.com