Great workshop at Cranfield last week on the topic of Embedding Social Media in Marketing Practice – despite threats of snow and freezing rain! Fantastic talks from our guest speakers including:
- IBM on demystifying social to make it part of everyday business;
- Chivas on their campaign for Chivas Regal whiskey and how to evaluate an effective social campaign;
- RS Components, creator of the DesignSpark community for design engineers, on what it means to be social in a B2B context;
- Rank Interactive talking about the impact, and potential, of online gaming.
We also brainstormed issues we are grappling with:
- How far should we shift from our category to generate social interest (particularly when we operate in a ‘low involvement’ category)?
- How to embed social in marketing strategy and how to deal with the ‘ownership’ challenge?
- What to do about the combined challenges of limited budget and limited time for social?
What are your thoughts on these issues? Leave a comment….
Dr Emma Macdonald
CCMF Research Director
Follow me: @DrEmmaMacdonald
Cranfield Customer Management Forum: #CranfieldCMF